Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

Need to dissolve an llc. final return was filled in 2007.

Customer Question

need to dissolve an llc. final return was filled in 2007. what penalties will be imposed for not dissolving earlier. no assets or liabilities exist
Thanks
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a tax adviser with over 20 years of experience.
All businesses registered with the Secretary of State (SOS) Corporate Division must first file Articles of Dissolution with the Indiana Secretary of State.
If an Indiana LLC does not file its biennial report within 60 days after the due date, the SOS will notify the LLC in writing that it has grounds for dissolution. If the LLC still doesn’t file within 60 days after the notice, the LLC will be administratively dissolved by the SOS.
Indiana would require you reinstate so you could then dissolve. You must include any unpaid biennial report fees ($30 each) and the reinstatement fee ($30) with the reinstatement packet.
If you did not owe any tax form the past then you would not have other fees to pay.