Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

THE TAX PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT 2012 FORM ON 1040 EZ DID NOT

Customer Question

THE TAX PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT 2012 FORM ON 1040 EZ DID NOT INCLUDE OUR TAXIBLE SOCIAL SECURTY WAS NOT INCLUDED. FIRST THING WE HAVE NEVER FILED AN EZ FORM IN OUR LIVES,AS WE HAVE TO MANY MEDICAL DEDUCTION. BUT NO MATTER WHAT I DO THEY INSIST THEY HAVE FORM 1040 EZ AND WE OWE AND ADDITIONAL
$1001.00 FOR THAT YEAR WHAT CAN DO? Lola PHILLIP ***@******.*** OR 850- (###) ###-####
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a tax adviser with over 20 years of experience.
I believe you, that you did not file a 1040EZ form. You did not say if you filed a return though for 2012. If you did and you reported the SS benefits (the benefits are reported even if none are taxable) then you (if you have not done so already) would send a copy of your actual return to the office that is questioning your filing.
Let me know if you e-filed also because an e-filed return receives a confirmation when accepted by the IRS.
Pleas let me know if you filed and if you e-filed so we can continue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we filed our 2012 return on the 1040 with a schedule A. I sent a copy of our return to them and wrote a note. By return letter saying if we didn't agree with them, we could file with tax court, which we did but they say we still $1001.00. we also tried the "LEGAL SERVICES OF
NORTH FLORIDA" . But they said they couldn't help us. Now we have received a letter with a Docket Number 6811-155 we don't know what to do now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Different expert here - My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you since it appears the first expert has opted out of working with you.
I will make you an additional services offer so we can communicate via personal email and you can email me the documents you have so I can review them. You can choose to accept or decline the offer.
Thank you and best regards,
Barb