Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I think I sent my income tax in on 4/14/15 because I have a

Customer Question

I think I sent my income tax in on 4/14/15 because I have a print out That says "Your Federal taxers of $3209 will be debited from you Checking account".
It also says "The IRS may take a few days to debit your account." It is now 5/13/15 and has not been deducted from my account.
I just noticed that on my printout on the bottom it has (Continue Back)
I'm 74 and wonder if I failed to complete the process. What do I do now?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
No, once you get that statement, ""Your Federal taxes of $3209 will be debited from your Checking account," you are through with the process.
I would give it a week or two before calling.
IRS is VERY low on resources and staff this year. They announced in January that there may be furloughs and that processing would be atypically long this year.
Also, we are hearing this over and over, also checks not being cashed for a month, etc.
Based on what's going on with the government cutbacks I would give this some more time and simply be sure that the dollars are available for them to debit.
Let me know if you have questions...
Lane