So far - you need to prepare
two sets of documents (and corresponding information) - for income items and deduction
First of all W2 form that reports your wages.
For stock and bonds - you need all reporting forms
- 1099INT - for interest income
- 1099DIV - for dividends and capital gain distributions
- 1099B - if shares or bonds were sold - this form reports proceeds and cost basis.
- K1 statements - if you receive income from partnerships
or from trusts.
Regarding your deductions
- 1098 that reports mortgage interest payments on homes.
- in additional you need information about real estate and property taxes paid.
- if you made any charitable contributions - have receipts ready.
- if you have substantial medical expenses
If you have dependents
- you would need additional information - such as
-- names and SSNs
-- educational expenses
There might be additional documents and additional information depending on your circumstances.
Let me know if you need any clarification this matter.