PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
64119565

I am from texas. I buy items retail or wholesale and sell it

Customer Question

I am from texas. I buy items retail or wholesale and sell it online via various websites. The items are sold thru out USA.
I have a Inc Corporation in Texas.
Q1> How do I get a Tax Exempt Certificate? I am from Texas
Q2> I bought various items before and paid sales tax? Will I get tax refund later when I file my taxes?
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought this was going to be fast? Its taking ages in getting me a response?
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to the site. I'mCustomer and will be helping you today.
I just saw your question, and will need a few minutes to review a couple of things. I will be right with you.
I assume you have registered with Texas to collect sales tax.
http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/taxforms/01-339.pdf is a link to the form you would use to claim exemption from paying sales tax when you buy gods for resale. Note there is a space on it to enter your sales tax number.
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
The amount you have paid as part of your purchases can be enterer as a prepayment on the Texas sales tax return, a pdf of which is available here: http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/taxforms/01-114.pdf
Enter the prepayment amount on line 9 of the form to claim the prepayment.
Thanks for using Just Answer. Positive feedback, using the rating scale below, is appreciated. I'mCustomer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Q1> How do I get a Tax Exempt Certificate? I am from Texas ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the procedure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you forgot to answer my first question
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
I did not forget.
You register for authority to collect sales tax and get a TX sales tax registration number. If you buy for resale, you give the vendor the exemption certificate with your registration number on it. They usually keep them on file, so you likely only have to fill one out for each merchant who you buy from.
Buying for resale is NOT exempt from TX sales tax. You could be exempted if yours was a charitable organization, such as a religious or charitable organization. You did not report to be either.
There is no blanket exempt certificate for your activity. You must register, and use the number TX issues you on the resale certificates you use to apply for exemption when you buy goods.
Customer
see: http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/sales/faq_exempt.html