Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I have an existing payment plan with the IRS taxes.

Customer Question

I have an existing payment plan with the IRS for back taxes. Auto pay every month. I'm short on my 2014 taxes and would like to amend the existing payment plan. What forms do I need and how to I do it without disrupting my current plan being in good standing?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.
Hello,The easiest and quickest way would be to call the number on your last installment statement. The IRS will work with you to consolidate those if you wish. There is no form for you to send when this happens.You can arrange another installment agreement to cover the balance for this year. If you do, contact the IRS to have the agreements consolidated.If you do not have the last statement or contact number please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
dont have the contact number or statement. A few years back I believe I uses form 9685 and attached note to consolodate? is 9685 the form for a new agreement??
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.
You are referring to Form 9465 which is to request an Installment.Do not file this form if you are currently making payments on an installment agreement or can pay your balance in full within 120 days. Instead, call 1-***-***-****.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.
That number (if redacted) is eight hundred- eight 2 nine- ten forty
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.
Our system redacts phone numbers even if they are needed for contacts to IRS or govt agencies. It is for privacy reasons and I apologize if the number was redacted in my first post.