Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I paid half of what I owe to the IRS, will I be getting a bill

Customer Question

I paid half of what I owe to the IRS, will I be getting a bill for the second half? My son who is in college is filling out his FASA and can't finish due to the fact that I still owe
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
Hello,If you sent half your balance due when you filed, the IRS will send you a notice to remind you of the remaining amount. They will also include a form 9465 and explain that you can set up installments for the remaining amount.You do not have to wait for the notice. If you have the funds now you can make the payment by either mailing a check (use a 1040V to send with the check) or you can go online through IRS payments. http://www.irs.gov/uac/EFTPS-The-Electronic-Federal-Tax-Payment-System