Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

Is there any capital gains tax advantage in keeping a rental

Is there any capital gains tax advantage in keeping a rental property for 3 years instead of 2 years before selling it?

Robin D. :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a tax adviser with over 15 years of experience.
2 years or 3 years the property would be long term which gives a lower rate on Capital Gains. Of course the extra year of depreciation will increase the recapture amount.

Robin D. :

I can not think of any advantage for capital gains though when talking about rental property.

Robin D. :

My goal is to give you excellent service. If you are satisfied, please rate me. If you have follow-up questions on this same topic, use the reply box below. To start a new conversation with me on a new topic request me again.

Thank you