Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I pay the state tax for winning jackport in casino, can it

I pay the state tax for winning jackport in casino, can it be claimed as itemze deduction for Federal tax in schedule A Taxes You Paid

Robin D. :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a tax adviser with over 15 years of experience.
You are allowed to claim state taxes paid on your Schedule A. To be deductible, the tax must be imposed on you and must have been paid during your tax year.

Robin D. :

Taxes and fees you cannot deduct on Schedule A include federal income taxes, social security taxes, stamp taxes, or transfer taxes on the sale of property, homeowner's association fees, estate and inheritance taxes and service charges for water, sewer, or trash collection.

Robin D. :

Tax withholding amounts are not generally designed to meet a winner’s total tax liability. There may be an additional tax liability depending on your total financial situation

Robin D. :

My goal is to give you excellent service. If you are satisfied, please rate me. If you have follow-up questions on this same topic, use the reply box below. To start a new conversation with me on a new topic request me again.\\