How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 13344
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I pay the state tax for winning jackport in casino, can it

This answer was rated:

I pay the state tax for winning jackport in casino, can it be claimed as itemze deduction for Federal tax in schedule A Taxes You Paid

Robin D. :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a tax adviser with over 15 years of experience.
You are allowed to claim state taxes paid on your Schedule A. To be deductible, the tax must be imposed on you and must have been paid during your tax year.

Robin D. :

Taxes and fees you cannot deduct on Schedule A include federal income taxes, social security taxes, stamp taxes, or transfer taxes on the sale of property, homeowner's association fees, estate and inheritance taxes and service charges for water, sewer, or trash collection.

Robin D. :

Tax withholding amounts are not generally designed to meet a winner’s total tax liability. There may be an additional tax liability depending on your total financial situation

Robin D. :

My goal is to give you excellent service. If you are satisfied, please rate me. If you have follow-up questions on this same topic, use the reply box below. To start a new conversation with me on a new topic request me again.\\

Robin D. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions