Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Practicing since 2004. Expert in 1040, small business, represent vs. IRS, & int'l tax mattters.
20877915

I had an LLC that went inactive in 2006 and had an EIN at that

I had an LLC that went inactive in 2006 and had an EIN at that time. Under the rules of my state, it's been inactive too long to reinstate, and I need to reorganize the LLC. The LLC will have the same name and same principals. Should I used the existing EIN for the reorganized LLC, or do I need to have a new EIN issued? Thanks!
Thanks for using JustAnswer.com! I will do my best to provide you with a concise tax answer based on the information that you have provided.

Although the LLC lapsed with the state, the EIN has not lapsed with the IRS. Assuming you have not marked any returns to the IRS as final, you will continue using the same EIN.

If there are additional questions or concerns, please reply to my answer so that I can assist you further. If this answers your question, please rate my performance based on the information that you have provided. Thanks for your information.