Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

Hired by an American Company

I'm mexican and have just being hire by an American Company to represent them in Mexico. I have request them to deposit my monthly payment in an US account bank.

My question is: Does the company will have any future legal issues or tax issues in US if they proceed that way?

Robin D. :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a tax adviser with over 15 years of experience.
The American company can deposit the wages an a US bank for you and that is not a problem for taxes. If you are not a US person and not physically performing any services in teh US you nor the company would have a problem with the arrangement.

Robin D. :

Reg3 1.3401(a)(6)-1(b) provides that “remuneration paid to a NRA for services performed outside the US is excepted from wages, and hence is not subject to withholding

Therefore, if a Non Resident Alien (you) is on US payroll but working abroad, your employer does not have to issue a W-2 or do any withholdings. ( 401(k) contributions –may not be allowed so you would not be allowed to contribute to any US pension).

Robin D. :

Your having a US bank account does not place you in any tax reporting situation either.

Robin D. :

My goal is to give you excellent service. If you are satisfied, please rate me. If you have follow-up questions on this same topic, use the reply box below. To start a new conversation with me on a new topic request me again.

CustomerLast Viewed on 11/7/2013 at 7:43 PM

Please let me know if you needed more info.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Robin. Appreciate your prompt response. I will discuss it with my boss.

You are most welcome.
Your positive rating is always thanks enough.

If you’re a subscription customer, feel free to add me to your Preferred Expert Team so we can work together in the future