Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

i have been claiming my son as a dependent,if he moves out

i have been claiming my son as a dependent,if he moves out in november can i still claim him

Megan C :

Hello! I am a CPA here to assist you with your tax questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Megan C :

How old is your son, and is he a full time student?

Customer:

he is 19 years old, on ssi for autism, not a student, i haVE BEEN CLAIMING HIM, WHEN HE MOVES OUT I WILL BE PAYING FOR SOME OF UTILITIES AND LIVING EXPENSES FOR AWHILE

Megan C :

If you provide over 1/2 of his total support, and he makes less than $3,900 (except social security - that doesn't count) then you can continue to claim him.

Megan C :

Do you have any further questions/

Megan C :

If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Customer:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER, WHAT I NEEDED TO KNOW

Customer:

HOW DO I RATE YOUR ANSWER, SO YOU GET CREDIT

Customer:

EXCELLENT

Megan C :

It's along the bottom of the screen

Megan C :

A scale - you can select 5 stars for excellent

Thanks for the opportunity to assist. Please come back and see me any time you have a tax question that needs answered. It was a pleasure working with you today. If you can, please rate my response "excellent' using the rating feature along the bottom of your screen. 5 stars/ smileys gives me full credit. Thanks for being a valued JustAnswer.com customer.