Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

If I live in NJ and work in PA, which state taxes should be

If I live in NJ and work in PA, which state taxes should be withheld?

Lev :

Hi and welcome to our site!
Under the State of New Jersey and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Reciprocal Personal Income Tax Agreement - you are responsible for income taxes ONLY to NJ based on your residency.
if you are a New Jersey resident and Pennsylvania income tax was withheld from wages you earned there, you must file a Pennsylvania return to obtain a refund. To stop the withholding of Pennsylvania income tax, New Jersey residents who receive compensation from Pennsylvania must complete Form REV-419, Employee’s Nonwithholding Application Certificate, and give it to their employer.
Because of the reciprocal agreement, you pay taxes to your state of residency.

Lev :

This agreement covers compensation only. Compensation means salaries, wages, tips, fees, commissions, bonuses, and other remuneration received for services rendered as an employee.