Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Hi Meagan; I asked you a question about a Personal Service

Hi Meagan; I asked you a question about a Personal Service Rep the other day and expenses relating to that. Is there any reason I can't make a contribution to a SEP or SEP IRA with the profit?

Megan C :

Hello! I am a CPA here to assist you with your tax questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Megan C :

If your income was claimed on schedule C you're considered self employed. You could make a contribution to your SEP IRA subject to the limits

Customer:

OK, well, that's a reasonable (and legit) way to shelter some of that money, since I'll be 59 in February 2014 anyway, there won't be penalties if I need to make withdrawals for him, right?

Megan C :

If you are at least 59.5 then there's no penalty to take funds out of a SEP

Customer:

SO, That's good. OK, that's it. Thank you. I'm posting an unrelated question now. Take care.

Thanks, Christine for your positive rating. Please come back and visit us for any of your tax, finance, or social security needs. It was a pleasure working with you today.