Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

if a person was having trouble getting 1099 or 1040 tax forms

if a person was having trouble getting 1099 or 1040 tax forms from banks or employers or
if a person was having trouble getting imformation from insurance companys that was needed to file a there federal state and local taxes could person hire a tax attorney if they wanted to to get the imformTION FROM THE VARIOUS PLACES
Category: Tax
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Megan C :

Hello! I am a CPA here to assist you with your tax questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

You can get all that information directly from the IRS. You do not have to go to the various places to get copies of your 1099's.

Megan C :

All you need to do is fill out form 4506 and select box 8 and that will give you your 1099, W-2, and other information.

Megan C :

It's form 4506-T CLICK HERE for the form.

Megan C :

The transcript will take approximately 10 days to receive

Megan C :

I also see we are having trouble in the chat. I'm going to change to another format, so that we can better talk to each other

Customer:

how about if a person was having trouble getting tax imformation from various insurance companies for the purpose of filing federal state or local taxes if I hired a tax lawyer would they help me handle this problem I worry about taxes and just want to feel better even if I could do this myself I would feel better with a tax lawyer

Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.
Carl,

I see we were having trouble with the live chat feature. You can still reply to me here for any of your needs! If I have answered your question, please rate as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.

There's no need to get a tax attorney to get your information.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX let me know if you need anything else.
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Carl

Yes, you can hire a tax attorney. He can get that information for you very quickly and let you know exactly what was reported to the IRS. He won't even have to go to the people or companies that sent you the money

Please let me know how I can further assist you. If I have answered your question, please rate as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

would a tax lawyer be able to get information about part d and supplemental health insurance companies concerning costs if i wanted him to if it ever became a tax issue it probably will not but just in case

Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.
Carl,

IF part D and supplemental health insurance becomes a tax issue, a tax lawyer would be able to handle that situation as well. A tax lawyer can do anything you need him to do as it relates to your taxes.

Thanks!

Please let me know if I can further assist you. If not, please rate as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.
Experience: Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level