Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Hi Megan, You mentioned the insolvency issue with respect

Hi Megan,

You mentioned the insolvency issue with respect to a 1099-C. Is that insolvency statement supposed to include the mortgage liability and real estate asset for the very property that received the 1099-C in the first place?

Megan C :

Hello! I am a CPA here to assist you with your tax questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

Yes, the insolvency is listed right before the debt was forgiven, so it will include the debt on that property as a liability and the house as an asset

Megan C :

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Customer:

No, sorry to bother you. Thank you very much.

Megan C :

You're not bothering me at all!!

Megan C :

Please come back with any question you may have. That's what I'm here for!

Megan C :

:-)

Megan C :

Before stepping out, please rate as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Thanks, Susan for your positive rating and generous bonus. If I can be of any additional assistance, please continue to ask for me directly. Also, you may receive a short survey in a couple of days - your positive feedback on that survey would be greatly appreciated as it will assist with rankings on the site. Thanks again!