Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.

Robin, the Just Answer system is being Just Stupid. I am entering

Robin, the Just Answer system is being Just Stupid. I am entering this for the 3rd time! I hope it goes through this time.

The question - My married same sex partner and I are filing Form 1040X for 2010, 2011 and 2012. (You helped me a few days ago on a different question.) The first question is do I send in all the Schedules and Forms with the Form 1040X or just my Form 1040 and my partner's Form 1040EZ? Nothing on any of the Schedules and other Forms changed. The IRS instructions are sort of vague on this.

The second question is if we have to send all the Schedules and Forms in. We both used HR Block's online tax software to file electronically. The PDF copy it makes of your tax forms and worksheets has "COPY DO NOT FILE" across every page. Is it okay to use those pages or do I have to re-enter all that information on clean forms?

Welcome, Charles. My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you with your tax question today. Robin is currently offline, and I wanted to provide you with a prompt answer.

When you file a 1040X, if there are NO changes to any of the schedules, you do not include anything other than the 1040X itself. You do not include your 1040 or your partner's 1040EZ. Just be sure to put the reason for filing the 1040X in Part III.

I hope his information is helpful to you. Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Thank you and best regards,

Hi, Charles.

Just a short note to thank you for the "excellent" rating. It is most appreciated. If you have any questions in the future, please feel free to put "for bkb1956 or Barb" in the subject line, and I will be happy to assist you. Recommendations to family, friends, and colleagues are also always appreciated.

Thanks again and have a great day,