Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Which additional CPA designation holds more weight? The American

Which additional CPA designation holds more weight? The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (“AICPA”), Certified in Financial Forensics (“CFF”) or the American College of Forensic Examiners Institute, Certified Forensic Accountant (“CrFA”), in addition whether either designation is accredited by a national accreditation organization?

Megan C :

Hello! I am a CPA here to assist you with your tax questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Megan C :

The AICPA CFF credential holds the highest weight, because you have to be a CPA in order to have a CFF designation.

Megan C :

Members of the AICPA are all CPAs...you have to be a CPA before you can get their additional credentials.

Megan C :

Both are accredited by a national accreditation organization - one the AICPA or two the American College of Forensic Examiners Institute. Those are the national bodies that accredit the designations.

Megan C :

Do you have any further questions about this matter ?

Customer:

Not at the moment thank you