Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

My business manager has been making my quarterly estimated

My business manager has been making my quarterly estimated tax payments for many years. I have reason to believe he may have stopped doing so this year, even though he claims to be continuing to do so. Is there any way I can find out from the IRS whether my quarterly tax payments are currently up-to-date? If not, is there any way to find out such a thing from my state of residence, California? I also have income from an LLC in Missouri.

Megan C :

Hello! I am a CPA here to assist you with your tax questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

You can order a tax account transcript and see what payments have been applied to your tax account for the tax year. This will verify if quarterly payments are being made or not.

Customer:

Great! How do I go about ordering a tax account transcript? Can I do that online?

Megan C :

I just looked, and the tax account transcript would be to show what changes were made to already filed return.

Megan C :

CLICK HERE to read about tax return transcripts.

Megan C :

Do you have access to your banking records?

Megan C :

That would be the easiest way to see if a check or wire transfer has been deposited with the IRS

Customer:

I have access to my own banking records, but the payments were being made from the capital account of an LLC of which I am not a manager.

Megan C :

Okay ... you can call 1-800-829-1040 and speak with someone there, and if you give them your information, they would be able to look in the computer and see if payments have been made on your account

Customer:

Thanks. Would individual states have a similar 800 number system?

Megan C :

You should be able to call the California FTB and Missouri as well, if necessary

Megan C :

Let me find the number.

Megan C :

California has an online system you can register for, and will tell you if payments have been made to your account. CLICK HERE for more details on that.

Megan C :

And Missouri doesn't have a 1-800 number but you can call(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Thank you for your positive rating. Please come back and visit me any time you have a tax, finance, or social security question. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In the future you may receive a short survey. Your positive feedback on this survey is greatly appreciated as it will assist me with rankings on the site. Thanks again for being a valued JustAnswer.com customer.