Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Practicing since 2004. Expert in 1040, small business, represent vs. IRS, & int'l tax mattters.

How do we treat the 4 dependents in case we decide to file

How do we treat the 4 dependents in case we decide to file as MFS, both spouses have income and living in the same house hold, do have mortgage interest to deduct as well.
Is it possible to claim 2 each?
Thanks for using! I will do my best to provide you with a clear and concise answer to your tax question based on the information that you have provided.

You can split the children between the taxpayers anyway you like, as long as they meet the definition of a qualifying child (or qualifying relative) dependent for both taxpayers. If the children are under the age of 18 and they live with both taxpayers, they will qualify as either taxpayers dependent. You can claim 2 each.

If there are additional questions or concerns, please reply to this answer so that I may assist you further. If this answers your question, please rate my performance between OK and Excellent service so that I may receive credit for my work. Thanks for your business.