Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

States such as Florida Or South Dakota, have no state income

States such as Florida Or South Dakota, have no state income taxes and no corporate taxes. They also see S corps as a pass through election.
Does this mean that the company and owner would only pay federal? or am i missing something.

Megan C :

Hello! I am a CPA here to assist you with your tax questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

In Florida, the S corporation does not have to pay a corporate income tax, because the tax passes through to the individual, who is not taxed.

Megan C :

You would have to look at each state's law individually to determine whether or not the S Corp is taxed or not.

Customer:

South Dakota.... no corp tax, no income tax.
S corp is pass through... so this means only federal tax?

Megan C :

Yes, that is what it means

Megan C :

It means if you're in S Corp in Florida or South Dakota you pay only federal taxes.

Customer:

k thanks

Thanks, Guy for your positive rating. Please come back and visit me any time you have a quesiton that needs answered. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In the future you may receive a short survey. Your positive feedback on that survey would be greatly appreciated, as it will assist me with rankings on the site.

Thanks again for being a valued JA customer.