Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Does IRS accept Tax Return which was sign and scan and send

Does IRS accept Tax Return which was sign and scan and send by Mail? I don't mean e-file signature.

Megan C :

Hello! I am a CPA here to assist you with your tax questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

The IRS does not accept emailed tax returns, but they would accept a return that was signed, scanned, and sent in the regular mail.

Megan C :

Do you have any further questions about this matter? If so, please reply. Otherwise, please rate as excellent so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Customer:

If I sign Tax Return and send to my accountant by fax or e-mail, and the accountant will send my Tax Return to IRS by mail. Does IRS accepted it?

Megan C :

yes, they will accept it

Customer:

Thank you

Thanks, Galina for your positive rating. Please come back and visit me any time you have a question that needs answered. It was a pleasure working with you today.