Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level

Company stated an new entity in 2012. Filed for S-Corp status,

Company stated an new entity in 2012. Filed for S-Corp status, it was granted. So 2012 will be the initial return year. However, the company never got off the ground. No activity was taken other than to set up the company, bank account, corporate kit. Now the owner states nothing will be continued with this business. Can we make the return, initial AND final on the same year? Or should we file a return at all? How to handle?
Thank you.

Megan C :

Hello! I am a CPA here to assist you with your tax questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Megan C :

Since it's an S Corp you will need to file a return. The first return can be its final return...that's okay

Great. Thank you.

Megan C :

Thanks so much