Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level

Ive applied for a $5000 personal loan. The intermediary between

I've applied for a $5000 personal loan. The intermediary between me and the loaner tells me that because I live in Nevada, I need to pay a tax of $420 before the money can be released. Furthermore I need to do this quickly because the tax fluctuates. That caused me to question. I never heard of a fluctuating tax on borrowed money. Is this legitimate?

Megan C :

Hello! I am a CPA here to assist you with your tax questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Megan C :

Thank you for your question. There is never tax on loan proceeds

Megan C :

This is not legitimate.

Megan C :

This is a scam to get $420 from you ...

Thanks, David for your positive rating. Please come back and visit me any time you have a tax, finance, or social security question that needs answered. It was a pleasure working with you today.