Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I have an EIN number for a business in Arizona? Can I use that

I have an EIN number for a business in Arizona? Can I use that same number for a different business? Also I want to change the name. What should I do?

Megan C :

Hello! I am a CPA here to assist you with your tax questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

Your EIN can only be used for one business

Megan C :

If you have another business, you will need to get a new EIN for that business as well

Megan C :

You can't use one for both - the EIN is like the social security number of the business

Customer:

I am fine. Do I need to dissolve the EIN in Az?

Megan C :

You would dissolve the company if you no longer wish to use that company yes

Customer:

Thanks that will help me to make a decision. Do you help with articles of incorporations and bylaws for non profits? I wanted to know for future reference.

Customer:

Are you still there?

Megan C :

No, we do not help you file articles of incorporation

Customer:

Okay, thanks Megan. it was great chatting with you.

Megan C :

You too. If you would, please take a moment to rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Customer:

okay, I will.

Megan C :

Thanks!

Customer:

I am trying to take action but every time I click on the face it says that I have to wait for your answer.

Megan C :

Okay please try now

Customer:

okay, I didn't want to save it and exit without rating you. The faces are not highlighted.

Thanks, Van for your positive rating. Please come back and visit MyVirtualCPA for any of your tax, finance, or social security needs. It was a pleasure working with you today
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am very satisfied with the serve that was provided. I look forward to doing business with you again in the near future.

Ms. Van Darden