Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I would like to be arrested for not filing taxes. Never took

I would like to be arrested for not filing taxes. Never took a dime of gov. Chz. Truck driver who pays more taxes than most people make in a year. Would like free meals and board in whote collar jail. Plz help me not work and not get ahead. This is not a joke. Give me chz!!!!! Seriously.... owe from 08 to present.

Lev :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
A tax fraud offense may result in both civil and criminal penalties. Tax fraud is escaping tax liability by illegal means - and there are possible criminal charges including jail time for that. Criminal penalties are decided by the court - not by the IRS.
Here are some Criminal Statutes as related to tax fraud:
Title 26 USC Section 7201 (Evasion) Felony - http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/7201
Any person who willfully attempts in any manner to evade or defeat any tax imposed by this title or the payment thereof shall, in addition to other penalties provided by law, be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than $100,000 ($500,000 in the case of a corporation), or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both, together with the costs of prosecution.
Elements Necessary For Prosecution are:
1) Willfulness
(2) Attempt to evade or defeat (usually involves concealment or deception) tax or payment thereof
(3) Tax deficiency
Title 26 USC Section 7203 (Failure to File or Failure to Pay) Misdemeanor - http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/7203
Any person required under this title to pay any estimated tax or tax, or required by this title or by regulations made under authority thereof to make a return, keep any records, or supply any information, who willfully fails to pay such estimated tax or tax, make such return, keep such records, or supply such information, at the time or times required by law or regulations, shall, in addition to other penalties provided by law, be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than $25,000 ($100,000 in the case of a corporation), or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both, together with the costs of prosecution. In the case of any person with respect to whom there is a failure to pay any estimated tax, this section shall not apply to such person with respect to such failure if there is no addition to tax under section 6654 or 6655 with respect to such failure. In the case of a willful violation of any provision of section 6050I, the first sentence of this section shall be applied by substituting “felony” for “misdemeanor” and “5 years” for “1 year”.
Elements Necessary For Prosecution are:
(1) Willfulness
(2) Requirement to file a return, pay an estimated tax or tax, maintain records, or supply information
(3) Failure to file a return, pay an estimated tax or tax, maintain records, or supply information
There are other similar statutes.

Lev :

See for reference Internal Revenue Manual - http://eblm.us/InternalRevenueManual.pdf
Fraud Handbook.

Lev :

This publication specifically intended to provide a resource for Criminal Tax Attorneys to use in the course of advising their client on criminal tax matters. It contains references to specific criminal court cases related to tax matter.
You may use this publication for reference - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/tax_crimes_handbook.pdf

Customer:

Irs plz come get me. I will not work so you will not collect. Give me chz!

If you simply will not have any income and will not have any assets - and the IRS would not able to collect the tax liability - there is the statute of limitation for collection which is generally ten years.
After the tax liability is assessed - the IRS has ten years to collect. After the statute of limitation runs out - the tax debt becomes not collectible - and the IRS simply writes it off.