Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level

I own a company, license (not franchise) my stores out to IBOs,

I own a company, license (not franchise) my stores out to IBO's, I get a kickback/rebate check from my food provider for every pound of meats purchased by the independent business owners. However, at the end of the year I do not receive a 1099 or any other tax form from the vendor company. Do I have to declare the money as income?

MyVirtualCPA :

Hello! I am a CPA here to assist you with your tax questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

MyVirtualCPA :

How are you today?

MyVirtualCPA :

Any income that you receive is subject to income tax.

but they don't send me a form or anything.

MyVirtualCPA :

It doesn't matter if they send a form or not

Thank you, Chris for your positive rating. Please come back and visit MyVirtualCPA for any of your tax, finance, or social security needs. It was a pleasure working with you today.