Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986

what was the capital gains tax rate in California for 1983

what was the capital gains tax rate in California for 1983 or 1984? Was it different from the California ordinary income tax rate?

NPVAdvisor :

California marginal tax rate at $40,000 in 1983 was 11.11 … on 20,000 was 8.51 … and on 10,000 was 6.36

NPVAdvisor :

I still don't see you coming into the chat, so I'll move us to the "Q&A mode to see if you have any follow-up questons

NPVAdvisor :

I am still looking for the Capital gains information

Hi Jay,

...just checking in here, as I never saw you come into the chat.

As soon as I can find anything on capital gains differentiation I'll post it here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the Capital Gains Rate not the ordinary income rate...

I know, still looking.

Give me a few if you would

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

YW ... hang with me... it's a mission
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I appreciate your effort, please keep trying!!

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="465"> Year State Rate, Wages State Rate, Long Gains State Name 1983 11 7.15 California 1984 11 7.15 California
Here's the source table:

If this HAS given you enough to make an informed decision, I would appreciate a rating of 3 (OK) or better. (That’s the only way they pay us here).

HOWEVER, again, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this further, be sure to come back here, so you won’t have to pay for an additional question.

Thanks for the rating Jay.

Lots of good data there and made to download OR look at in html.

If you’d like to work with me again, just say “For Lane only …” at the beginning of your question, and I’ll get the alert.

Thanks again,