Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
5242771

I HAVE CLIENT THAT WILL FORM A S CORP. THER WILL BE 3 SHAREHOLDERS

I HAVE CLIENT THAT WILL FORM A S CORP. THER WILL BE 3 SHAREHOLDERS - ONE WILL PUT IN $60k FOR 40% OWNERSHIP, THE OTHER TWO WILL PROVIDE THEIR SERVICES IN EXCHANGE FOR THE ONWERSHIP INTEREST OF 30% EACH. I REALIZE THAT THE SERVICES PROVIDED WILL BE INCOME TO THEM. IS THERE ANOTHER WAY TO STRUCTURE THIS?

Anne :

Hi

Anne :

Thank you for using justanswer.

Anne :

What did you have in mind?

Anne :

The treatment of sweat equity in S corporations is normally handled through a salary, plus the gradual transfer of shares to the individual providing the labor in exchange for an ownership interest.

Thank you for the accept and the positive rating.

Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you may have, and also feel free to put "for Anne" in the question line if I can help you again in the future.