Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.

I took your advice and called. At the moment there are separate

I took your advice and called.

At the moment there are separate accounts with the IRS, representing different years. If they levy, can they levy within the 21 day period, simultaneously as it were, in respect of the different IRS accounts and also (I'm happy for this to be treated as a separate question), can they levy simultaneously on different sources, for example two bank accounts and a credit card processor?

Welcome and thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you with your tax question.

The answer to both of your questions is yes, the IRS CAN levy simultaneously for the different years and CAN levy simultaneously on different accounts. However, whether or not the IRS WILL do this is a question I cannot answer.

Please note that even though a bank receives such a notice, the bank must wait the full 21 days after the levy is served before sending payment to the IRS unless YOU waive the 21-day waiting period.

Please see the following for information regarding bank levies.

Also, there is no need to treat your questions as separate in this instance.

Thank you and best regards,

Hi, Patrick.

Just a short note to thank you for the "excellent" rating of my answer to you as well as your most generous bonus. Both are most appreciated.

If you have any questions in the future, please feel free to put "for bkb1956 or Barb" in the subject line, and I will be happy to assist you. Recommendations to family and friends are also always appreciated.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, Barb!

My pleasure.