How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DanielleCPA Your Own Question
DanielleCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 789
Experience:  Years of Experience in Business & Personal Taxes
Type Your Tax Question Here...
DanielleCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

May I submit a 2009 W-4 to change my number of allowances,

This answer was rated:

May I submit a 2009 W-4 to change my number of allowances, or must it be 2013? Also, I filed my 2012 taxes August 5, electronically. The website says my refund was x$ - minus y $ for back taxes owed and that it was approved. It said refund should be sent by 8/23. Now it says info not available. Where is it in the process?

DanielleCPA :

Welcome and thanks for your question!

DanielleCPA :

I would recommend using the 2013 W-4 instead of the 2009. Although if the 2009 is the only form readily available to you, then it would be ok to use the 2009 form, but be aware that the dollar amounts on the form will not be accurate.

DanielleCPA :

As far as your tax return status, I cannot provide you with an update on that.

DanielleCPA :

I would try accessing the status online tomorrow (maybe there is glitch in the system tonight). If you still aren't able to obtain information on the status, I recommend that you call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. Their agents should be able to provide you with a better status update of your return.

DanielleCPA and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions