Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level

My company is located in New Jersey. I just hired an employee

My company is located in New Jersey. I just hired an employee who will be making phone calls for me from her home. She lives in Arizona. What is the state subject to withholding?

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

The state subject to withholding in this situation would be Arizona, where she is both performing the service and lives

MyVirtualCPA :

She would not owe New Jersey tax on this income

Thank you!

MyVirtualCPA :

You're welcome. If you would, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Thanks, Robert for your positive rating. Please come back and visit MyVirtualCPA any time you need a tax, finance, or social security question answered. It was a pleasure working with you today!