Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Practicing since 2004. Expert in 1040, small business, represent vs. IRS, & int'l tax mattters.
20877915

the irs has already seized and sold all my property and is

Customer Question

the irs has already seized and sold all my property and is garnishing my wages can I stll go to tax court?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Phillip B, EA replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com. I will do my best to provide you with a clear and concise answer to your tax question based on the information based on the information based on the information you have provided.

The only issue you may be able to raise in US Tax Court is whether or not the IRS was right to proceed with the seizures and the levies. The IRS only needs to prove that they gave you an opportunity to have hearings and propose other collection options. Generally, the IRS usually wins on this issue. Given the fact that the levies have already happened, you may have already passed all the applicable Tax Court filing deadlines. You should talk to a local tax attorney about the specifics of your case to determine if filing a US Tax Court petition would be advisable.

If there are other questions and concerns, please reply to this answer so that I may assist you further. If this answers your question, please rate my performance between OK and Excellent service so that I may receive credit for my answer. Thanks for your business.