Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

My wife also has a small amount of money in a 403B DC plan

My wife also has a small amount of money in a 403B DC plan from her teaching. When can she draw this money out without tax penalties (is it 59.5 like a 401K), and are there any other differences from a 401K when thinking about returning to the UK that I should know about?

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

How are you today? Thanks for requesting me directly.

MyVirtualCPA :

yes, that is correct - the pension works much like a 401(k) and is treated the same way

Customer:

Great. Thanks.

MyVirtualCPA :

You're welcome. Anything else?

Thanks, Peter for requesting me. Please continue to do so in the future, as I am happy to help any time. Thanks again for being a valued JA customer