jgordosea
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  I've prepared all types of taxes since 1987.
3653323

for CPAs in California... 2012 is the first year of my opening

for CPAs in California...
2012 is the first year of my opening corporation. I filed an extension for my state and federal taxes. when is the deadline to file my corporate taxes for 2012 both state and federal?

Greetings,

Presuming this is a calendar year corporation, the original due date for 2012 was March 15, 2013 and is until September 16, 2013 for federal income tax only if you timely requested an automatic six month extension.

In California a calendar year corporation original due date for 2012 was March 15, 2013 and is until October 15, 2013 if you timely requested an extension.

See http://www.taxes.ca.gov/Income_Tax/Important_Dates/

Partnership and LLC Income Tax returns due and tax due (for calendar year filers) is originally April 15.

Information returns such as 1099 have other due dates

See https://www.ftb.ca.gov/businesses/infortrns/when2file.shtml

Please ask if you need more discussion or clarification.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi again,

I opened up my corporation in 2012. its S corp. I filed my auto extensions and now I want to file the taxes. I did not have any income or expenses in 2012.

Filling the form 1120S what should I put there except for income and expenses that are going to be zero. Any fees or etc..?

Thank you

Hello again,

Likely you did have to pay a fee to the state to maintain your registration of the corporation. Not sure what else you paid if you were not very active.

As usual, you will list all of the expenses paid during the year that are ordinary and necessary for the operation of the corporation.

Hope that clarifies for you.

Thank you.