taxmanrog, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, MA, MST with 31 years' experience. Teach Accounting and Tax courses at Masters level.

Can someone help me fill out Form 2220

Can someone help me fill out Form 2220 if I have the following information: Taxable Income = 3,567,665 1st Installment = 0 2nd Installment = 0 3rd Installment = 700,000 4th Installment = 500,000 We are using the 3-3-6-9 annualization method. Appreciate the help!

Hi! Welcome to Just Answers! Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question! I will do my best!

Was the income earned evenly throughout the year? If not, I need to know how much was earned in each quarter.

If the income were earned evenly, using the numbers you gave me, your total tax would be $1,213,006. The underpayment penalty would be $9023.

If you give me the quarterly earnings, I can upload a completed Form for you. If they were ratable, I can upload that Form as well.

Please let me know. I look forward to your reply!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1st qtr = loss of (345,658) using 3 months actual
2nd qtr = loss of (345,658) using 3 months actual

3rd qtr = income of 2,452,700 using 6 months actual

4th qtr = income of 3.457,895 using 9 months actual

No over payment from prior year.

Thank you!

Attachment: 2013-08-02_181213_just_answer_form_2220_example.pdf

I have attached a completed Form 2220 for you, based on your numbers.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. If my answer has helped you, please rate me highly! I would appreciate that!

Thanks again, and have a great weekend!