Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

May I include in Tax Return a paycheck $600 for a service without

May I include in Tax Return a paycheck $600 for a service without 1099 or W-2?

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

Yes, you can include income on your tax return without a 1099 or W-2 form

MyVirtualCPA :

If $600 is all you received (you are not self employed) put the amount on line 21 of your tax return

MyVirtualCPA :

It's good practice to include income on your tax return, even if that income is not reported to the IRS

MyVirtualCPA :

If you are self employed, include the amount in your gross receipts on your schedule C.

MyVirtualCPA :

If you are not self employed, as I said before, simply place the amount on line 21 of your tax return.

MyVirtualCPA :

Is there anything else that you need assistance with today? If not, please rate as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com

Customer:

Thank you. I am not self-emp. Have I put a company name, which paid me?

MyVirtualCPA :

You do not need to put a company name down on your tax return. Simply placing the amount on line 21 will suffice.

MyVirtualCPA :

Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

Customer:

There is form 4852. Is this for my case?

MyVirtualCPA :

No, form 4852 is not for your case. This is for when you lose a W-2 that was issued and can't get a copy

MyVirtualCPA :

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? If not, please rate my response "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Customer:

Thank you I rate you now

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks so much!

MyVirtualCPA :

You can use the rating feature along the bottom of your screen

Thanks, Galina for the opportunity to assist you today. Please be sure to come back and visit MyVirtualCPA for any of your tax, finance, or social security needs. Thanks for your positive rating, and be sure to come back soon!