Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986

I own an LLC taxed as S-Corp. The LLC has made no money. For

I own an LLC taxed as S-Corp. The LLC has made no money. For 2012 taxes, a Sch C was filed instead of a 1120S. I want to dissolve the LLC this year and file final returns. Do I need to amend 2012 taxes to 1120S so I can file final 1120S?

NPVAdvisor :

Yes, you have it ... otherwise, you'll get into a situation where you can't dissolve, because CA wants you to have all taxes, debts, filed, paid, etc. and part of that is that 1120-S with the "final return" box checked .... and if you file that one, IRS will come to you looking for last year's return

NPVAdvisor :

I still don't see you coming into the chat here ... I can move us to the "Q&A mode ... Maybe that will help

NPVAdvisor :

OK Moving us now (We can still continue a dialogue there, just not in real-time as we can here)

NPVAdvisor :

Let me now if you have further questions

NPVAdvisor :

But if this HAS helped, I would appreciate a feedback rating of 3 (OK) or better … That's the only way they will pay us here.

HOWEVER, if you need more on this, PLEASE COME BACK here, so you won't be charged for another question.

NPVAdvisor :

Let me know ...

NPVAdvisor :

Thanks for the rating Toni.

Hope I've helped.

If you'd like to work with ME again, just say "For Lane only," at the beginning of your next question.

Thanks again!