Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience

mI received a notice from the federal IRS stating I did not

Customer Question

mI received a notice from the federal IRS stating I did not pay my 940 for one month in 2011. My accounting is telling me that this bill from the IRS is because North Carolina is in default to the federal government and the IRS is now coming to the business owners to collect the deficit. Is this true
Category: Tax
Expert:  Megan C replied 3 years ago.

MyVirtualCPA : Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.
MyVirtualCPA : no, this is not true. The IRS cannot come after you for money owed to them by the state.
MyVirtualCPA : This notice relates to payroll tax. Your accountant needs to review your payroll tax filings and help you rectify the discrepancy.