Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Hello,I lived in NJ-state till January 2012. Moved for

I lived in NJ-state till January 2012. Moved for 6 Month into NY-state till June 2012.

Since July 2012 I stay only in a Hotel cross over the USA. My employer is based in NJ-state.

I like to move to Florida what I and what my employer has to do? Please explane in detail.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

MyVirtualCPA : Hello and welcome
MyVirtualCPA : if you perform your work in Florida and that is your residence, you will not owe tax to other states.
MyVirtualCPA : So, to get situated in Florida you would need a place to live, to register your cars there etc...you must show that is the place you intend to live
MyVirtualCPA : as far as your employer goes, they would update you in their system and stop withholding state payroll taxes.
Customer:

What form I have to fill and what my company has todo?

BECAUSE: they mean they have to open a business there ... ?

Customer:

how the "system" called ?

Customer:

Iam from germany and new in those tax business. ...

I live in the hotels since a year and have a mail address in FL (no postbox).

Iam a programmer traveling about 230days a year cross the USA and be 30days in europe.

what will be the best option?

Customer:

my curent address was in NJ

MyVirtualCPA : You will fill out the New Jersey w-4 to indicate you are a non resident
Customer:

what that means? non residence of usa or NJ?

MyVirtualCPA : New Jersey
MyVirtualCPA : You are a resident of the US for tax purposes
Customer:

what for tax I have tp pay?

Customer:

none state tax?

MyVirtualCPA : If you are a Florida resident you pay only federal taxes
Customer:

ok

Customer:

what my company has to do

Customer:

they mean they must open a business there

Customer:

thats bullshit I guess

MyVirtualCPA : No they don't have to open a business there
MyVirtualCPA : they can simply pay you
Customer:

where can I read about it ? is there a information form?

MyVirtualCPA : What would you like to read about?
Customer:

I want approve it and to show my "smart" account manager he is wrong

Customer:

so all I have to do - fill out W-4 form ... register a address change DL and bank account address etc ...

all they have to do - take me out from the system

Customer:

right?

MyVirtualCPA : That is correct but I don't know of a form that would say all that
Customer:

was my guess

MyVirtualCPA : I am sorry
Customer:

so very simple ....

Customer:

thanks for now

MyVirtualCPA : Yes people work in other states all the time
MyVirtualCPA : If you would please take a moment to rate my response as excellent so that I may receive credit for assisting you today
Customer:

yes of couse

Experience: Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the positive rating. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question, and it will be routed directly to me. Thank you again for using JustAnswer. For the quickest service, please post a new question.