How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 38452
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Tax Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you tell me if its a crime to use a false name on a I.R.S

This answer was rated:

Can you tell me if its a crime to use a false name on a I.R.S W- 9 form
Yes. IRC 7201 makes it a crime to willfully evade the payment of federal income taxes. Misrepresenting one's name on a W-9 would operate to evade the obligation for taxes, therefore it can be criminally prosecuted.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can you tell me how to report him and to what agency

Fill out this form, and send it to the IRS at the address shown on the form.

Hope this helps.
socrateaser and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you