Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Can I take my 24 year daughter as an dependent if she goes

Can I take my 24 year daughter as an dependent if she goes to college full time, lives at home, and does not have a part-time job or any other income ???

MyVirtualCPA : Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.
MyVirtualCPA : yes you can claim your daughter provided you provide more than 1/2 of her support and she does not earn over 3,900 during the year
MyVirtualCPA : Please let me know if you need anything else. If not please rate as excellent so that I may receive credit for assisting today
Customer:

I hope this applies in all states. I am concerned with the state of California. Thank you for your input, I will now file our return using your answer to the question. because our daughter received monies from a summer job and it paid her only $ 2145. We furnish all the support, home, car, etc. Thanks again.