Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

Hi LEV, thanks again for your help. As I received the form

Hi LEV, thanks again for your help. As I received the form from State department of taxation and finance. Regarding LLC Request for information.

As we discussed, I'm sole proprietor. and I've already received EIN number.

But here are few questions on the form, I'm not sure what should I choose:

Part 4 - Business description:

They need me to choose NAICS code.

I'm not sure which one i should choose. Basically I'm in real estate, all my commission will go to LLC, but also i wanted to leave my LLC open, that not only be in real estate, could be doing other things as well. So what's NAICS code i should choose is better than just real estate broker? if i choose one for now, can I easily change it in the future?

Part 7 - Prior business organization and registration for new tax liabilities.

1. The LLC is not a successor to any prior business entity.

2. The LLC is a successor to a sole proprietorship or a corporation.

So I should choose 2, right?

Part 8: Prior business information:

Identification number: is it my EIN number or SSN?

Legal name: Is my company LLC name or my personal legal name?

DBA name: i don't know what's it?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

LEV :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
NAICS stands for the North American Industry Classification System - that is the standard used by federal statistical agencies in classifying businesses - that doesn't affect the tax liability.
You may find more information here - http://www.naics.com/search.htm

LEV :

531210 is the code used for Offices of Real Estate Agents and Brokers - see details here - http://www.naics.com/free-code-search/naicsdescription.php?code=531210

LEV :

Again - that code is for statistical purposes only - and indicates the primary activity. It doesn't limit business activities in any way.

Customer:

Thanks for your help.

Customer:

Part 7 - Prior business organization and registration for new tax liabilities. 1. The LLC is not a successor to any prior business entity. 2. The LLC is a successor to a sole proprietorship or a corporation. So I should choose 2, right? Part 8: Prior business information: Identification number: is it my EIN number or SSN? Legal name: Is my company LLC name or my personal legal name? DBA name: i don't know what's it?

Customer:

It that possible if you could also help me on those questions

LEV :

I would select - 2. The LLC is a successor to a sole proprietorship
Part 8: Prior business information: Identification number: is it my EIN number or SSN?
If the LLS is treated as disregarded entity - you need to use your SSN for income tax purposes and EIN for other purposes - property taxes, employment taxes (if the LLC has employees), sales taxes, etc.
Legal name: Is my company LLC name or my personal legal name? DBA name: i don't know what's it?
That will be an official name of the LLC.
DBA stands for Doing Business- As - that is an additional mane you may register. But if you do not have it - there is nothing to worry.

LEV :

Sorry - I do not type fast enough...

Customer:

Thanks so much!!!

Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience: Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Another thing, as I work with a real estate company. So I should as them to send the commission checks to my company LLC but using SSN not EIN, right?

I only use EIN, if i sales properties or have employees.

My friend told me that by the end of the taxes year, i will send the 1099 via LLC to my accountant, and then accountant will give me K1 to fill the taxes, right?

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
That is correct - if you treat the LLC as a disregarded entity - all reporting for income tax purposes should be on your SSN.
However - if you will choose to treat your LLC as a corporation - you will need to start using EIN.
Or if that will be the LLC with several members - it will be reported as partnership on K1's.

There is no K1 for the single member LLC that is treated as disregarded entity.
Only if you choose the LLC to be treated as S-corporation - there will be K1.
Lev, Tax Advisor