Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level

My husband and I are paying $150.00 per month due to a mistake

My husband and I are paying $150.00 per month due to a mistake on our 2010 taxes. I received the monthly letter with envelope, etc (we've been paying for about a year now) but I cannot find it. I'm not even sure about which address accompanied our monthly payment. Can I send the money in a regular envelope and can you give me the proper address?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Megan C replied 9 months ago.

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

Please make sure that you write your social security number, tax year (2010) and tax form (1040) on the memo line of your check.

MyVirtualCPA :

Where you send payments to depends on where you live, and if you were self employed or employed.

MyVirtualCPA :

You can CLICK HERE for the IRS addresses. If either you or your husband were self employed, use the self employed mailing addresses.

MyVirtualCPA :

Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

MyVirtualCPA :

If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.

MyVirtualCPA :

Oh - I will add that you can use your own envelope for mailing, you do not have to have a special envelope from the IRS

Customer:

Thanks so much!

Experience: Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
Expert:  Megan C replied 9 months ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Megan C replied 9 months ago.
Linda,

I see you had trouble accessing our live chat. I will paste the contents for you below:

MyVirtualCPA says:

Please let me know if you require further assistance. If not, please rate my response as "excellent' so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.

Expert:  Megan C replied 9 months ago.

Linda,

I received an email that you replied, although I cannot view your follow up question. Our site has technical difficulties today.

Could you please enter it in below?

Thanks!