Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I have a question about the annual gift tax exclusion of $14.000

I have a question about the annual gift tax exclusion of $14.000 per gift recipient. Does it also apply if the donor is a non-resident alien?

thanks

Welcome and thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you with your tax question.

Yes. Nonresident aliens, just like U.S. persons, may avail themselves to the annual exclusion for gifts of present interests. However, unlike U.S. persons, nonresident aliens are not eligible for any lifetime gift tax exemption amount for gifts in excess of the annual exclusion limit.

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification. Thank you.

Hi, Paul.

Just a short note to thank you for the "excellent" service rating. It is most appreciated. If you have any questions in the future, please feel free to put "for bkb1956" in the subject line, and I will be happy to assist you. Recommendations to family and friends are always most appreciated.

Thanks again, and best regards,
Barb