Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner

If I buy some real estate that has delinquent taxes, who is

If I buy some real estate that has delinquent taxes, who is responsible for paying those taxes?
Welcome. THANK YOU for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to help make YOUR life, a little...LESS taxing.

Based on the following information, it would appear that once the property has been sold, the new owner is responsible to pay any back taxes that are due. Even though the following situation may not have been how you purchased the property, I would think that the same rules apply. SEE BELOW:

Any bidder at auction shall be responsible for and shall be presumed to have performed all research necessary for any properties on which they intend to bid. Such research may include but not be limited to, a determination of whether the property contains a building which has been deemed a dangerous building or has other taxes or judgments due. The purchaser is responsible for any additional taxes that are owed against the property that are not included in the judgment, as well as any other taxes owed to a city or other governmental unit which may not have been made a part of the County’s records or other legal proceedings, such as mechanic’s liens & Federal liens.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Thank you again for using JUST ANSWER.