Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

i have an installment agreement with the irs for over 3 years

i have an installment agreement with the irs for over 3 years , i had recently applied for a oic which was rejected , with a letter all tax due now. i called the field officer jeffrey chambers of the oic office , he said to ignore since i had the installment agreement , today recieve a certified letter from irs with intent to levy . based on the tax law since i have a existing installment agreement and have always been current , levy is not supposed to apply . of course irs offices are closed today . any opinions

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

How are you today?

MyVirtualCPA :

You should not be subject to a levy because you have been making your payments to the IRS.

Customer:

me ok , just need clarification , i believe irs is in error ,

MyVirtualCPA :

Unfortunately the only thing you can do is contact the number on the notice and get it straight with them on Monday

Customer:

ok , well i will wait untill mon. but based on my prior conversation with the oic rep. mr jeff chambers i was just to continue installment payment was not suppose to get levy letter ,

MyVirtualCPA :

Yes, but you still need to deal with the letter because if they don't then they will issue the levy. Even though they should not do this, something got messed up in their system ... you will just need to get it straight with them

Customer:

ok , thanks . have a good weekend . again thanks for your advice , good bye

MyVirtualCPA :

Please take a moment to rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today