jgordosea, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  I've prepared all types of taxes since 1987.

I own farm land in North Dakota that I rent out My renter

I own farm land in North Dakota that I rent out My renter wants to install drainage tiles on my land. Question: Can he qualify for a rebate on the tiles and might this increase my taxing property values?

More information is needed about the rebate that you want to know if the tenant can qualify as there is no federal rebate for drain tile or flood prevention.
Is this a local, state or manufacturer rebate?
Can you tell us exactly what is this rebate and who administers it?

Yes, improvements including drain tile would potentially increase the assessed value of the land for property taxes.

As the landlord you will have to report the amount total paid by the tenant as rent during the year; but you can also then deduct the cost of the improvement by claiming depreciation.
Farm drain tile is depreciated using a fifteen year life. For more details on the depreciation see

Please ask if you need clarification or if you still want to provide more information so the rebate can be addressed.