Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level

I have been practicing cardiology for the past 30 years. Recently

Customer Question

I have been practicing cardiology for the past 30 years. Recently the reimbursements for many of the procedures have taken a severe cut. However, the hospital reimbursement is still quite high. As such the hospital has contacted me if I would like to participate in one of their programs. Of either selling the practice to them, or some other deal were I control the practice but they do the billing.

I don't know how to value the practice in the event I would taking either option . They've asked me to compare what other hospitals we'll offer me, so they can make a competitive offer. I don't know where to start to contact other hospitals.

I practice is located in Brooklyn, New York
Category: Tax
Expert:  Megan C replied 3 years ago.

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

How are you today?

MyVirtualCPA :

To start with your business valuation, I would contact a CPA with an ABV credential as well

MyVirtualCPA :

These are professionals who possess the knowledge to value your business. This is not something you should attempt on your own

MyVirtualCPA :

You can find one in your state by visiting this website:

MyVirtualCPA :

Is there anything else that I can assist you with today? If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Expert:  Megan C replied 3 years ago.
I seen where you were having trouble in chat mode so I switched it to this format. If you have a follow up question please ask it here.

Thank you