Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Practicing since 2004. Expert in 1040, small business, represent vs. IRS, & int'l tax mattters.

Hello - if you miss a payment on an IRS installment agreement,

Hello - if you miss a payment on an IRS installment agreement, Does the IRS send you a notice before receiving a cp 523 notice?

Thanks for using! I will do my best to provide you with a clear and concise answer to your tax question based on the information that you have provided.

The IRS can terminate your installment agreement if you miss one payment. However, if you contact them with the phone number at the top of the CP523 in a timely manner and make the missing payment, the IRS should reinstate your installment agreement without too much trouble.

If there are additional questions or concerns, please reply to this answer so that I may assist you further. If this answers your question, please rate my performance between OK and Excellent service so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks for your business.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay thanks. I thought they sent you a reminder notice before issuing a cp523. The cp521 is the monthly statement notice, correct?

This is the warning notice for a missed payment. You have 30 days from the date of the CP523 before the agreement is fully terminated.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do.